- Dry feet for the long haul: Wet weather doesn't need to curtail your run thanks to the built-in waterproof bootie. While the upper keeps you dry from any puddles you splash through, the breathable construction allows moisture to move away from your feet for sweat-controlled performance.
- Room to spread your toes for comfort and agility: The roomy fit of the shoe uses Altra's original FootShape design, which offers the most space of their fit options. Designed to contour to your actual foot shape, the broader cut lets your big toe to remain in a straight position while allowing your other toes to spread naturally, reducing the risk for cramped toes, blisters, and other painful conditions that often plague runners.
- Long-lived cushioning: The Altra EGO foam midsole provides responsive, moderate support with every step. Whether you're running 100 miles or lacing up for your first 5k, the soft, cushioned feel helps reduce fatigue without feeling mushy and the light energy return rebound helps make that next stride easier.
- Solid traction and protection: Run confidently over rocks and roots knowing you have grip of the MaxTrac rubber outsole. You're also protected from jagged rocks with the StoneGuard insert that helps blunt the impact of sharp points underfoot.
- Even platform underfoot from front to back: With a 25mm stack height that puts your heel and forefoot at the same distance from the ground, the Balanced Cushioning platform encourages a natural stride rather than elevating the heel or manipulating foot position. This is meant to promote better alignment and a more natural posture while on the move which in turn lessens impact.
What about sizing?
Sold in pairs and your choice of colors, the Men's Lone Peak All-Wther Low 2 waterproof trail running shoe is available in a standard width and men's full and half sizes. Due to the FootShape design the fit may feel roomier than your average running shoe but the length is consistent with standard sizing.